Note10 & Note10+ trade-in boost promotion
- Trade-in Boost availability subject to these terms and conditions and to Ingram Micro (NZ) Limited’s (“Ingram Micro”) terms and conditions – see (https://www.xchangemobile.com/NZ/2degrees/Account/Terms_Conditions).
- For details of how to redeem the Trade-in Boost, please visit https://www.xchangemobile.com/NZ/2degrees/.
- Under Ingram Micro’s existing terms and conditions, eligible customers can trade in an eligible device for a set payment. Under the Trade-in Boost offer, Samsung Electronics New Zealand Limited will add an additional sum of $150 to Ingram Micro’s set payment when you purchase a Galaxy Note10 or Note10+ (“Trade-in Boost”).
- The acceptability of the trade-in device and the value of the trade-in will be determined by Ingram Micro.
- To be eligible for the Trade-in Boost, customers must:
- be 18 years or over; and
- purchase a Galaxy Note10 or Note10+ from participating 2Degrees corporate and franchisees stores any time from 12:00am on Monday 16th September to 11:59pm Tuesday 1st October; and
- provide proof of purchase and the IMEI number of the Note10 or Note10+ purchased; and
have an eligible device to trade in. An ‘eligible device’:
- reset the eligible trade-in device to factory settings, FMI or Google Account removed and take further steps as required in Ingram Micro’s terms and conditions (https://www.xchangemobile.com/NZ/2degrees/Account/Terms_Conditions); and
- If the customer has purchased the device from 2degrees (online or instore) customers should redeem their trade-in instore or online at the time of purchase.
- If a customer is unable to provide the IMEI number of their Note10, Note10+ when they register for the Trade-in Boost (due to, for example, their purchased Note10 or Note10+ not having been delivered to them at the time of registration), they may still register for the Trade-in Boost provided that the IMEI number is given to Ingram Micro before midnight on 11.59pm on Tuesday 1st October 2019 either by email or in the manner specified by Ingram Micro.
- Employees of Samsung, Ingram Micro and any agency involved with the Trade-in Boost promotion, and their immediate families are not eligible for the Trade-in Boost promotion.
- Individuals who purchase Note10, Note10+ via the Enhanced Partnership Programme are not entitled to the Trade-in Boost, but are still entitled to participate in Ingram Micro’s trade-in programme for Note10, Note 10 +
- Customers may trade in one device per Note10, Note10+ purchased
- Customers are entitled to the Trade-in Boost for only one qualifying trade-in device per Note10, Note10+ purchased.
Trade In FAQ’s
Trade In your old phone
This support article will give you key information on how to trade in your old phone to receive payment into your TWO DEGREES MOBILE BILLING ACCOUNT
The payment amount you receive will depend on the model and whether or not the phone is in good working order.
How to trade-in your old phone.
1. Check that your phone is eligible for trade in using our eligibility checker and how much you could get. The trade in quote you receive is honored for duration of the promotion period and finalized once your phone has been assessed.
2. Back up any important data.
3. Based on the condition of the phone, we’ll let you know how much payment you’ll be eligible to get.
What do I need to do before sending my phone?
Here are some things to do before bringing your phone in store:
- Back up your contacts and any important files you don’t want to lose, including photos, videos, notes, calendar dates and messages.
- Remove your SIM and any memory cards inserted into the phone. To ensure your personal information remains secure, any SIM or memory cards found in returned devices are destroyed.
- If you have an iPhone, it’s important that you switch off Find My iPhone.
- If your phone is received with an active iCloud, the trade in will not be completed and phone returned to you.
- If you have an Android phone, make sure you’ve disabled any security lock settings on your phone. These settings can remotely lock your phone to protect your personal information if you lose it. Its important you delete Google Account from your device.
- If your phone is received with an active Google Account, the trade in will not be completed and phone returned to you.
- Perform a Factory Reset of your phone.
How do I know if my phone is in good working order?
- The phone must be able to turn on and off in the normal fashion.
- The display must be fully functioning with no damage, cracks or blemishes to the screen (examples of blemishes include pink or faded screen).
- There must be no breaks, cracks, or other defects that go beyond normal wear and tear as judged by Ingram micro (examples include but are not limited to: multiple scratches, dents or dings; water damage, corroded charging port, SIM, or battery terminal contacts).
- Where applicable, the battery and back cover must be included.
- The phone must not be network blocked, reported as stolen or counterfeit.
- On iPhones, the iCloud account must not be locked.
- On Android, the Google account and or Samsung account must not be locked.
- You will the receive an email confirming final grade and confirmation of payment value.
- If you agree with the final value, a payment is processed into your nominated bank account.
- If you decline the final value, your phone is returned to you.
How do I get my trade in payment?
Your trade in payment will be made into your nominated TWO DEGREES MOBILE BILLING ACCOUNT.
Do I need to have purchased a new eligible device to trade in my existing device?
Yes. You must have purchased an eligible new device from participating 2degrees retail store. You will need to enter an IMEI number for your new device which gets validated on the Trade In website.
Who is a participating sales channel?
- 2degrees Telesales
- 2degrees Online Store
When does the promotion start?
The promotion starts 16th September 2019.
When does the promotion end?
The promotion ends 1st October 2019 unless extended.
When do I have to send traded in phones by?
If you have completed the online trade in transaction, you should send in your phone ASAP.
We must receive your phone within 7 working days of completing online trade in transaction.
We must receive your phone by 8th Oct 2019 at the latest.
How many phones can I trade in?
You can trade in only one (1) phone per qualifying device purchased.
Where do I send my handset?
Once you have an order confirmation we will email you a Courier Ticket and Return Label for you to send your handset along with the printout of your order.
Note it is your responsibility to ensure the device is packaged appropriately.
Address your device to the below address:
Unit 6, 30 Fleet Street
Affix the courier label we’ll email you
Either contact courier post for pick up on 0800COURIER or drop off at your nearest NZ POST Office.
How quickly does the phone get assessed and value confirmed?
Within seven (7) working days of phone being received at Ingram Micro facility.
When is the payment made into my 2degrees Mobile Billing account?
Your trade in payment will be made into your mobile billing account within 15 working days of receiving your Trade In value acceptance.
Can I trade in a phone from overseas or another network?
Yes. You can trade in your phone from any network as long as it’s an eligible model and not network locked.
You may have to pay your current network provider an early termination fee, please check with your mobile network provider.
Can I get my new phone first and trade in my old phone later?
Yes. You can purchase an eligible device first and trade your old device when you’re ready. We suggest you trade in as soon as possible.
Can I trade in before I get my new phone?
No, you need to purchase a qualifying device first to participate.
If you need to keep any personal information from your old device, we suggest keeping your old phone until you are able to transfer the data onto your new one.
What happens to the data on my old phone if I don’t delete it?
You should back-up or transfer your personal data onto your new device prior to trading as once your old phone goes through the data wipe process, the data is unrecoverable.
Your phone’s data will be cleared with highest industry and privacy standards.
Also, if you are trading in an iPhone iOS 7, Find My iPhone must be disabled before trade in. To do this:
- Go to “Settings” and select “iCloud”.
- Turn off “Find my iPhone”
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Select “Turn off”.
On Android smartphones, please remove Google Account and Samsung Account.
Please make sure you’ve disabled any kind of security lock settings on your phone.
What happens to my old phone?
Your old phone will be resold or recycled using environmentally friendly methods.
Who are Ingram Micro?
Ingram Micro is TWO DEGREES MOBILE LIMITEDs Trade in partner for this Promotion. Ingram Micro operate independently of TWO DEGREES MOBILE LIMITED and is the entity that values and purchases handsets traded in.
Who can I contact if I have a question about the phone I have traded in?
You can email 2degreesTrade-In@ingrammicro.com. Response to emails will be made within 24hrs of query during business hours (Mon-Fri. 9am to 5pm).
My new device IMEI number is not being recognised by the trade in website?
Email your new device IMEI number and proof of purchase to 2degreesTrade-In@ingrammicro.com.
Can I trade my phone in, what is it worth?
Please check our (trade in)website to find out .