When does the BOOST promotion start?
BOOST promotion starts on 10 August 2018.
When does the BOOST promotion end?
BOOST promotion ends on 2 September 2018.
How do I qualify for BOOST?
You need to have purchased a Galaxy S9+ or Note 9 from an authorised reseller in New Zealand (excludes parallel imports and purchases from overseas). You then need to trade in a qualifying device to get BOOST amount over and above normal trade in value. The trade in device must be either an A or B grade.
How do I find out if my device is A or B grade?
When you complete a search for your device, you will see trade in values for Grades A and B.
Which devices qualify for BOOST?
- Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 4 N910, Galaxy Note 5 N920, Galaxy S5 G900, Galaxy S5 G9001, Galaxy S5 G9006V, Galaxy S5 G900F 4G, Galaxy S5 G900H 3G, Galaxy S5 G900i, Galaxy S5 G900V, Galaxy S5 G901, Galaxy S5 G910F, Galaxy S5 i9600, Galaxy S5 SCL23, Galaxy S5 SCL23, Galaxy S6 128GB, Galaxy S6 32GB, Galaxy S6 64GB, Galaxy S6 Edge 128GB, Galaxy S6 Edge 32GB, Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928i, Galaxy S6 SM-G9200, Galaxy S7 32GB, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition (128GB)
- iPhone 6 128GB, iPhone 6 16GB, iPhone 6 32GB, iPhone 6 64GB, iPhone 6 Plus 128GB, iPhone 6 Plus 16GB, iPhone 6 Plus 64GB, iPhone 6S 128GB, iPhone 6S 16GB, iPhone 6S 32GB, iPhone 6S 64GB, iPhone 6S Plus 128GB, iPhone 6S Plus 16GB, iPhone 6S Plus 64GB, iPhone 7 128GB, iPhone 7 256GB, iPhone 7 32GB, iPhone 7 Plus 128GB, iPhone 7 Plus 256GB, iPhone 7 Plus 32GB, iPhone 8 256GB, iPhone 8 64GB, iPhone 8 Plus 256GB, iPhone 8 Plus 64GB, iPhone SE 16GB, iPhone SE 64GB, iPhone X 256GB, iPhone X 64GB
- P9, P9 Lite, P9 Plus
Trade In FAQ’s
Trade In your old phone
This support article will give you key information on how to trade in your old phone to receive payment into your bank account.
The payment amount you receive will depend on the model and whether or not the phone is in good working order.
How to trade-in your old phone.
1. Check that your phone is eligible for trade in using our eligibility checker and how much you could get. The trade in quote you receive is honored for duration of the promotion period and finalized once your phone has been assessed.
2. Back up any important data.
3. Based on the condition of the phone, we’ll let you know how much payment you’ll be eligible to get.
What do I need to do before sending my phone?
Here are some things to do before bringing your phone in store:
- Back up your contacts and any important files you don’t want to lose, including photos, videos, notes, calendar dates and messages.
- Remove your SIM and any memory cards inserted into the phone. To ensure your personal information remains secure, any SIM or memory cards found in returned devices are destroyed.
- If you have an iPhone, it’s important that you switch off Find My iPhone.
- If your phone is received with an active iCloud, the trade in will not be completed and phone returned to you.
- If you have an Android phone, make sure you’ve disabled any security lock settings on your phone. These settings can remotely lock your phone to protect your personal information if you lose it. Its important you delete Google Account from your device.
- If your phone is received with an active Google Account, the trade in will not be completed and phone returned to you.
How do I know if my phone is in good working order?
- The phone must meet the conditions to be in good working order link to details on this
- The phone needs to be able to be turned on and off.
- The screen must be undamaged without any fading, cracks or bleeding.
- The phone has no major cosmetic damage to the exterior.
- Where applicable, the battery and back cover must be included. The phone must not be network blocked, reported as stolen or counterfeit.
- On iPhones, the iCloud account can’t be locked.
- On Android, the Google account should be removed.
- Our team will assess your device once it’s received at our processing facility and confirm that the grade / condition is the same as the self-assessment completed online.
- You will the receive an email confirming final grade and confirmation of payment value.
- If you agree with the final value, a payment is processed into your nominated bank account.
- If you decline the final value, your phone is returned to you.
How do I get my trade in payment?
Your trade in payment will be made into your nominated bank account within ten (10) to fifteen (15) working days of the phone being validated by Ingram Micro.
Do I need to have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note9 or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus to trade in a device?
Yes. You must have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note9 / S9 Plus from a participating retailer or online store. You will need to enter an IMEI number for your Note9 / S9 Plus which gets validated on the Trade In website.
Who is a participating retailer or online store?
- 2 Degrees
- Samsung Online Store
- Samsung Kiosks
- Harvey Norman
- Noel Leeming
- JB Hi Fi
- Warehouse Stationery
- The Warehouse
- PB Technologies
When does the promotion start?
The promotion starts 10 August 2018 and pricing is valid till 2 September 2018
When does the promotion end?
- The promotion ends 2 September 2018
When do I have to send in my phone by?
- If you have completed the online transaction, you should send in your phone ASAP
- The last date for receiving phones is 15 September 2018
How many phones can I trade in?
- You can trade in one phone per qualifying device purchased
When does the courier bag arrive for me send My phone in?
- Within five (5) to seven (7) working days of you completing trade in transaction online.
How quickly does the phone get assessed and value confirmed?
- Within five (5) working days of phone being received at Ingram Micro facility
When is the payment made into my bank account?
- Your trade in payment will be made into your nominated bank account within ten (10) to fifteen (15) working days of the phone being validated by Ingram Micro
- Please ensure you have entered the correct bank account information to avoid delays
Can I trade in a phone from overseas or another network?
Yes. You can trade in your phone from any network as long as it’s an eligible model and not network locked. How do I know if its network locked?
You may have to pay your current network provider an early termination fee. How do I know if this is the case or not?
Can I get my new phone now and trade in my old phone later?
Yes. You can purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note9 | S9+ and trade your old device when you’re ready. We suggest you trade in as soon as possible as prices can change frequently. The promotion ends on 2 September 2018.
Can I trade in before I get my new phone?
No, you need to purchase a qualifying device first to participate.
If you need to keep any personal information from your old device, we suggest keeping your old phone until you are able to transfer the data onto your new one.
What happens to the data on my old phone if I don’t delete it?
Your phone’s data will be cleared with highest industry and privacy standards.
You should back-up or transfer your personal data onto your new device prior to trading as once your old phone goes through the data wipe process, the data is unrecoverable.
Also, if you are trading in an iPhone iOS 7, Find My iPhone must be disabled before trade in. To do this:
- 1. Go to “Settings” and select “iCloud”.
- 2. Turn off “Find my iPhone”
- 3. Enter your Apple ID password
- 4. Select “Turn off”.
If you’re trading in a smartphone from another manufacturer, please make sure you’ve disabled any kind of security lock settings on your phone.
What happens to my old phone?
Your old phone will be resold or recycled using environmentally friendly methods.
Who are Ingram Micro?
Ingram Micro is Samsung’s exclusive Trade in partner. Ingram Micro operate independently of Samsung and is the entity that values and purchases handsets traded in Samsung’s online trade in portal.
Who can I contact if I have a question about the phone I have traded in?
You can call 0800 800 833. Calls will be answered between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You can email Samsungtradefirstname.lastname@example.org. Response to emails will be made within 24hrs of query.